Top Ten Guest Blogs of 2021
Having posted here on this site last week the top ten most read blogs of 2021 that were written by yours truly, it’s fitting that this time around a recap is done of those from last year that were written by others. Check in every Monday throughout the year for blog posts from me or someone else — and consider throwing your hat in the ring if you think you have something that you’d like to propose contributing.
For now, though, here is a look back at the top ten entries from authors not named Bruce Wawrzyniak in 2021, including links within each so you can go back and read the original post in its entirety.
10. “ Spotify Wrapped Numbers Are Out — Proceed with Caution” — Los Angeles area indie artist, songwriter, and producer Chandler Juliet wrote about the potential trap in fellow performers viewing their Spotify Wrapped numbers and how best for them to proceed there.
9. “ Artist Endorsements — How to Get (and Keep) or Lose Them” — Artist endorsements are highly sought after by those on the indie music scene, but how you get and keep them is key, as told in this post by an artist relations pro. Read what to do and, equally important, what not to do.
8. “ Is It Time to Transform Your Music Career?” — Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results, is called insanity. Change your habits. Do a self-audit. Transform your music career. This post gave specific suggestions of what you can try.
7. “ Cryptocurrency is Changing the Entertainment Business” — Ranging from music to film to casino gaming to video gaming, cryptocurrency is changing the entertainment business and it all shows that the future is now. Revisit this post to see the way that the landscape is being altered.
6. “ Get Greater Fan Retention by Optimizing Your Website for Search Engines” — The good news here (and no, there’s no bad news) is that optimizing your artist website for search engines can not only help your current fans find you, but it can also help you get some new listeners as well. Utilize this post to find out about effectively using your website as a marketing tool.
5. “ 5 Reasons Why You Should Record in a Studio and Not from Home” — With apologies to the DIY-ers, recording in a studio and not from home has its benefits, including these five from a recording artist and producer who just received his first gold record.
4. “ How Artists Can Get More Traffic to Their Website” — As most any performer will — or should — tell you, how artists can get more traffic to their website is extremely important in the pursuit of discoverability and the pull of online viewers to social media. This post gives a half dozen practical steps you can take in that regard.
3. “ What You Need to Create a Home Recording Studio” — Published two-and-a-half months before #5 above, if you insist on doing it yourself, this entry gave no fewer than five considerations for what you’d need if you’re not going to head to a studio to record. What you need to create a home recording studio will go a long way toward determining the quality of the music projects you’re able to create by yourself.
2. “ 6 Tips When Going Into the Recording Studio” — You’ve read both #3 and #5 above and made the decision to head out to get your project recorded. But before you start driving there, to optimize your recording project, read these six tips when going into the recording studio as outlined by someone who’s both an artist as well as a recording studio owner.
1. “ The Four (and a Half) Jobs in Any Recording Studio” — Clearly this top ten list has exhibited that going to record in a studio isn’t something to be taken lightly. It’s an investment in your music career, so you definitely want to be prepared not only as #2 above showed, but by knowing who’s who and what they’re doing, as told in this guest post from a GRAMMY Award-winning producer and mixer.
Have you read the above and are inspired to dive deeper into your music career now? Take advantage of my more than 15 years working with indie artists across the country. Schedule a private, one-on-one online video consultation with me so we can address your needs and questions.
Which of the above impacted you the most? Any one or more you strongly agree or disagree with? Why? Comment on this top ten list via a post on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, or just write to me via email.
Originally published at https://www.now-hear-this.net.